Sunday 5 June 2011

How it all started (part two)

 After the weekend I went to school on monday and May was already telling all her girlfriends about the party. They then all waved me over to their table with huge smiles on their faces. I never understood how girls could gossip so much and make something that happened that was so small into such a huge deal. Apparently what I said to those older girls was already buzzing around the school. I could feel eyes burning into the back of my head. I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave but I didn't.
 Later that day I bumped into the girls I flipped off at the party. They gave my a bitchy glare and coughed "slut". I looked at them and laughed. Whenever older girls give me attention I don't feel threaten. I always think of it the other way around. That they are threatened of me and thats why they are going out of their way to make me feel smaller. Reverse psychology is used all the time. I do it, so why shouldn't they?
 When I was walking to my locker I saw Garrett leaning against it waiting for me. He saw me heading towards him and smiled. I couldn't help but blush because he actually looked really good without his jersey on and just a casual t-shirt. His hands were tucked into his jeans and I could see that he was wearing a Fossil black watch. It was sexy and made him look older.
 I commented "New watch?" He laughed "Actually yeah. My dad got it for me the day after we won the game." I looked into his blue eyes "So your dad buys gifts when you win games. Hmm.. I sure don't want to know what he does when you loose games." Garrett looked down at his feet and I could tell I made him feel uncomfortable. I quickly grabbed his wrist and took a look at the watch. "I love it. Looks sexy." I then gave him back his wrist and started to open my locker. I could see in the corner of my eye that he glanced at his watch. "Well, then I'm glad we won the game." I quickly grabbed my books together and started heading to class. I could hear his footsteps fallowing me. I turned around stopping in the middle of the hall. "Did you want something?" I said. He then leaned back on his heels looking unsure of himself. I felt bad for him because I could tell he was having a hard time trying to say what he was trying to say. I then gave him a smile "Want to walk me to class?" He then raised his eyebrows in surprise. "I'd be happy too." On the way to math class I could feel people staring at us but mostly girls. As if it was a surprise to see Garrett talking to a girl. Well, thats what I would like to think. Or that they were just jealous of me. Either way, whatever they were thinking, they were staring. Once we got to my class Garrett finally spoke "Can I give you a ride home after school?"  My classmates could all hear and I blushed looking put on the spot. "Sure, I'll meet you at my locker after school."
 After school Garrett was there waiting at my locker. To be honest I felt butterflies in my stomach. I hadn't felt this way since when I first started seeing Chad. I was thinking at that exact moment that maybe I could actually start dating someone again. Even though Chad was a nightmare. I was trying to play cool and not let him noticed that I was excited about having him drive me home. Although I think he could tell because apparently I was blushing. He made a comment saying "Now have you finally let down that big guard because I could seeing you turning bright red from the moment you saw me." I then pushed him and said "Now don't push it. Or else I'll bring it right back up." I could tell he was pleased by my answer.
 Once we got to his car I couldn't help but stare. It was a black range rover. What a fucking joke this guy was obviously loaded. Which made me start to like him even more. "Did your dad buy you this after winning a game as well?" I joked. He laughed with me and then told me it was his grandfather who gave it to him.
 Garrett and I sat outside my house and talked for 2 hours about each others lives. I told him pretty much everything. I couldn't believe that I opened up so much to him. He was just so easy to talk to that everything felt right. We didn't get uncomfortable at the bad parts of my life story or the weird parts. He said sorry a bunch of times because of what happened to my mother and aunt. I told him its life and we all have to move on. That we couldn't live in grief forever no matter how hard it is. He agreed and told me about his grandfather passing away. I felt bad but not really that bad because he died of old age which is good. Garrett's grandfather lived a happy long life.
 Garrett asked about my past boyfriends and I told him about the one (Chad). He seemed to be off put about it especially since Chad was 2 years older then him. Garrett asked me if Chad still bothered me. I told him no. Which was a lie because a week before Chad texted me asking me how I was doing. But I rarely hear from Chad anymore.
 All the sudden a cop car came into my drive way. Two policemen walked to the door and knocked. I saw my father looking confused as he opened the door. I saw their lips moving but couldn't hear. Then they went into the house. I then jumped out of the car and ran inside. Garrett stayed right where he parked and didn't even bother driving away. I guess he wanted to see what was going on. I looked at my dad "Whats going on?" He brushed his hand threw his hair "They are arresting Daniel for lighting a house on fire." Daniel was my older brother who was 3 years older then me. He has a criminal record and tends to always get in trouble for either having drugs on him, ruining property or getting in fights. This wasn't the first time he has been arrested. The police have been coming to my house since I was 8 years old looking for Daniel. It's all I've ever known of my brother. I still love him and look up to him. He has beaten up a lot of guys for me and has backed me up in my fights when girls would get catty with me. Daniel is my protector and without him I don't think I would even have the guts to lip off older girls. I just always know in the back of my head if anything happens to me, I know that my brother would be there in a second to help me out or fuck shit up.
 Once the cops took him away I was embarrassed that Garrett saw all of it. Garrett got out of his car and walked towards me while I watched the cop car drive away. I started to burn up and my eyes began to water. I then cried right there in front of Garrett. He saw me cry for the first time. This time my game face and guard was completely down. I was vulnerable and weak. Garrett pulled me close to him as he wrapped his arms around me. I didn't push away. I buried my face into his chest.




Part 3 will be up tomorrow.
xox
Dylan
Ps this is all true.. this is my life story. I am going to tell you step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment