Monday 6 June 2011

How it all started (part three)

After the day my brother got arrested Garrett and I started seeing each other more often. We hung out almost everyday and the days we weren't hanging out Garrett would call me or text me frequently. I didn't mind. I was starting to really like him. I never thought I would end up with the captain of the football team. Football players weren't my type at all. I was into more of the bad boy type. Probably because I have done some pretty fucked up shit and I like knowing that the guy I'm with has done worse, so I don't look like the crazy one in the relationship. Then again people change. I thought my life was finally going to switch around. That I wouldn't have to look up to my rebel of a brother anymore. I could finally look up to a real man that had his priorities straight but still knew how to kick back and have a few drinks every once and awhile. The only reason I never went for any of the hott guys on the football team before was because I didn't think I was any of their types. I wasn't a cheerleader, I didn't wear short jean Abercrombie skirts with polos and white sneakers. I wasn't preppy at all. I had a bad reputation because I lost my virginity at age 14 to a guy that was 4 years older then me. I also was known to party really hard and kiss atlas 3 guys in one night. I was mean but yet still knew how to stay in the popular groups. Garrett didn't mind my history nor did he mind how I got bitchy 60% of the time. I actually started to change my ways and be a better person. I was a lot nicer to people. I started drinking less and enjoying being sober.
 When Garrett and I would walk the hallways together holding hands girls got angry and very feisty with me. I went to the girls washroom and one of them shoved me saying "Move out of the way you ugly skank." I know I said that I changed my ways but no way was I going to let some girl push me and call me an ugly skank. I then walked right up to her and looked her right in the eyes. She was 4 inches taller then me with dirty blonde hair that looked kind of like straws of hay. I could tell she was in Garrett's grade. Her eyes were dark brown almost black. She was actually sort of pretty. She then laughed "What are you going to do?" I was burning up inside so much that I could feel the heat raising off of my back. "I'm sorry but honestly, do you realize I am two years younger then you and you think its right that you can push me around calling me an ugly skank? You must be so bored with your life that you find this amusing. If I wasn't at school right now trying to play a good role model for the teachers and principle. Your face would be disproportionate right now." I could tell my eyes looked like the devils. She stepped back a bit looking scared. I may be shorter then her but I knew how to fight. My brother and I would wrestle and he would actually beat me up sometimes just to tough me up. She then looked at how short I was and looked around to see if anyone was still watching in the girls washroom. Their was actually kind of an audience. 5 girls were just standing there mouths opened and hands hanging. Hay hair girl then tried to look more powerful by stepping forward and pushed me. I didn't fall back. So I laughed. Then she pushed me again. And I laughed even harder. Then I saw her fist roll into a ball and take a swing. I ducked. Then looked at her. I stepped forward yelling "You think its cool to fight in school!" I pushed her and she fell to the ground. Girls were screaming "OMG! GIRL FIGHT!" More footsteps came into the washroom. I then laughed at hay hair girl while she was sitting on the ground. I wasn't going to do anything more then push her because she pushed me. So I started to walk away, until I felt a tug at the back of my shirt. I slipped to my back and quickly slapped her hand off of me. I then got up and looked at her. She then swung a fist at me to my face. It didn't her because she didn't have a good swing. I then grabbed the back of her head ripping her hair as I got my knee up I took her head and slammed it into my knee. I then pushed her to the ground and saw that she was crying. I ran out of the bathroom and out of the school. Garrett saw me running from his class room door and tried to catch up to me.
 "Dylan, Whats wrong? Wait up!" I herd him but I kept trying to out run him. He was too fast and stopped me.
 I was tearing. I didn't want to fight and I knew he would think less of me when I told him. I also knew the principle was going to find out and it wouldn't make Garrett's parents think good of me. I told Garrett the story about what happened. He grabbed me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back not wanting to let go. I could feel how much I liked him. We have been together for 3 months at this point. I already wanted to say the L word. I never told Chad that I loved him and I dated him for a year and 6 months. Three months with Garrett and I already wanted to be everything he wanted. I wanted him to be all mine. I didn't want anyone to split us apart.
 Garrett whispered "I'm so sorry you had to deal with Jennifer. Her and I used to date but that was two years ago. She's just trying to get under your skin."
 4 months later my birthday came up. I was turning 16. Garrett took me away to his cabin for the weekend. He told me he loved me while we were sitting on the dock dipping our feet into the lake. I was so relieved that he finally said it because I couldn't hold it in any longer. I said it back and he brought out a small box. A light blue tiffany's box. I literally was screaming inside. Although I was sure hoping he wasn't going to purpose to me. As he opened the box it was a ring with a small diamond. He put it on my right hand (thank god) and it fit perfectly as if he already knew my size.
 "I want this to be a promise ring. I know this is to soon and so sudden but Dylan I've never felt this way about anyone before. I don't know if this is what love feels like or if its puppy love. I just don't want this feeling to go away and I don't want you to either." He was staring right into me as if he could see right through me. I was turning bright red and couldn't help but kiss him.


... I have to get to work. I will tell you the rest later. It sounds like a nice love story right. Just wait. reality never ends with a happy ending.
xoxo Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment