Tuesday 7 June 2011

How it all started (part five)

 It didn't take me long to pack all my belongings for Seattle. I just took the things I needed. Garrett picked me up to take me to the train station. The ride there was horrible. He kept trying to talk me out of moving to  Seattle. He kept trying to change my mind about us. I couldn't. There was no us anymore. I felt nothing for him. That doesn't mean I didn't care about him. He was the first guy that made me change my ways for a while. I was a better person with him but then again I wasn't myself. I never thought it was going to end this way. My feelings were all over the place I didn't know what to feel about anything. All I was thinking about was Chelsea and how I missed her. She was my best friend and now she's gone. It didn't feel real but it was.
 Once Garrett and I got to the train station he wrapped his arms around me for ten minutes not letting go. I felt him kiss me on my forehead. I squeezed him tighter. As he let go he smiled and said "Don't get into to much trouble." I gave a weak laugh feeling my eyes beginning to tear up. "I will be back one day." As  a tear left my right eye. He stepped forward brushing the tear away with his thumb. I looked into his blue eyes and could feel my heart beat beating faster. I guess I did still love him. He kissed me gently on the lips   then stepped back as if it had hurt him to kiss me. "I will be hear waiting for you." He said as he tucked his hands into his jeans front pockets.
  My aunt Lindsey was waiting for me already with open arms. She was probably the nicest aunt anyone could have. She knows everything about me and she doesn't approve of most the things I do but she loves me more then ever. I remind her of my mother which is her sister. I couldn't imagine how painful it must have been for her to loose her two older sisters over cancer. I don't know what I would do if I lost my brother. He was a part of me. He could do anything in the world to try and make me hate him but I never will.
 Living with my aunt was a huge change. I started doing online school because the schools weren't accepting anyone in this late in the year. I knew absolutely no one. How the fuck was I supposed to make friends when I couldn't attend a school and had to do online. Thankfully my neighbour was a guy a year older then me and he was having a party. He was kind of a dork. I always thought he was gay but he ended up having a new girlfriend every month or week. Maybe he did it to cover up that he was gay? I have no idea. When I got to the party I felt so alone. I only knew him. I never felt more out of place in my entire life. American teens were so different then Canadian teens. Canadian teens knew how to party. American teens were kind of less wild and more drama. Its like I was in an episode of the OC marathon.
 I had a few drinks and loosened up. This girl Margot came up beside me and asked me a lot of questions. Apparently I have an accent so she says. I couldn't tell the difference.
 I then herd a guy screaming from behind me. High fiving every one of his buddies. He looked like such a loser. I stared at him trying to see why his friends were looking up to him so much. He had a buzz cut and he bad complexion. His eyes were brown and his teeth were small with big gums. I thought to myself 'gross'. I turned around thinking that the states was a hell of a lot different then it was in Canada. There is 10x better looking people where I came from then there was here.
 The guys seemed fond of this loser screaming and bobbing his head everywhere. He was loud and obnoxious. It was hurting my head. I went to the back yard were the pool was. People were jumping in the pool naked and some girl was vomiting in a bush. I guess they did know how to party. The people inside were boring me. I grabbed my last Belmont cigarette from my pack. My lighter ran out of fluid. FUCK. I looked around to see if anyone was smoking. Then all the sudden the ugly annoying douche bag came out and light my smoke. I said thanks. He stared at me and I stared back. He smiled and his teeth grossed me out. They were so small. I gave him a nod and looked the other way.
 "How come I haven't seen you around here before?" He said nicely.
 "I just moved here from Vancouver." I said briefly still looking the other way. I took a drag from my cigarette. God I loved Belmont's. To bad they are a Canadian brand which the states doesn't sell.
 "I'm Jesse." He said with a grin on his face and his hand right hand out to shake. I didn't mind him because there was something about his voice that seemed very inviting. I couldn't help but smile.
 "I'm Dylan." I shook his hand.
 "Dylan? Isn't that a boys name?" He laughed. I laughed too.
 "My mom really liked the name. I'm guessing they were expecting a boy and didn't even think of having  a girl name prepared." He laughed harder as if what I said was really funny when I knew it wasn't.
  Jesse and I ended up talking for a while about random things. He was humorous and outgoing. I could see why his friends loved him so much. He was like the class clown. He also had a lot of confidence for someone who wasn't even good looking. I could tell he was flirting with me. I didn't mind. I was used to guys flirting with me. There was something though that was different about the way he talked to me. I couldn't stop laughing at his stupid jokes and his odd humour. My neighbour Brayden walked up and put his arm around me. Making me feel very uncomfortable. Jesse looked at Brayden. Brayden smiled.
"So your making some friends now Dylan?" I looked at Brayden and assumed his arm around me was just a friendly arm. I kinda was tipsy and stumbled a bit.
 "Your friend Jesse is hilarious." I laughed acting a bit drunk. Brayden looked at me.
 "I think you've had to many drinks." I could hear his voice ringing in my ear. I felt woozy and my head was starting to get the spins. I didn't care. It was keeping my mind off Garrett and Chelsea. Since I have moved here I have been moping around my aunts place for to long. I wanted another drink. I didn't grab another one though. I listened to Brayden. Then I looked at his pool. I started to undress myself. I was soon in just my panties and bra. I could feel eyes all staring at me. Guys were whistling and chanting. I then jumped into the pool. Brayden jumped in after me and we started splashing each other laughing. I haven't had this much fun since I was with Chelsea.
 I got out of the pool grabbed my clothes and started to walk out. I didn't want to be there anymore. My drunk feelings were getting to me. I started to cry as I walked into my aunts place. My aunt came rushing to me. Grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body. She rubbed my back to sleep that night as I laid in my bed crying.
 I don't know how long it's going to take me to accept the fact that Chelsea is gone.
 A week later there was a knock at the door. My aunt wasn't home because she was at work. I was feeling good because My hair was nicely straightened and I have gotten a bit of a glow from tanning outside. Summer was finally here. I had ripped jean shorts that were by Celvin Klein. My white tank showed a bit of my cleavage. I opened the door and it was Jesse.
 "Hey, What are you doing here?" I said politely. I really hope he wasn't going to ask me to come hang out with him. He's not my type and he doesn't have the looks. I am shallow I can't deny that.
 "Want to go to the lake with Alec and I?" He had a turquoise t-shirt and white swim shorts on. He had gotten a bit of a tan since I last saw him. I scratched my head and looked around.
 "Sure, Just let me go grab my stuff and I'll be right out." I turned around and headed for my room. I quickly put on my black bikini and threw over a cover up. I left my aunt a voicemail saying I went to the lake with my neighbours and his friends. She wouldn't have wanted me to go with some boy I just met at my neighbours. She always like meeting the person first before I go hang out with them. She's kind of strict that way. I wasn't used to it but it was her house and I'm not going to disobey her rules because I didn't want to go back to Vancouver. Well, I might bend them a bit.


...Part 6 will be up later. I hope everyone is enjoying this so far. there will probably be like 100 parts of how it all started to get caught up to what I am doing now. But I will try and shorten it as much as I can.
xox
Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment