Thursday 9 June 2011

How it all started (part six)

 When I went to the lake with Jesse and Alec I actually had fun. I never thought that I would enjoy Jesse's company. He was outgoing, weird and loud. His baby brother, mom and step-dad were at the lake as well. He seemed really close with his family. I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Jesse didn't have a care in the world. It was like he was in his own world and who was ever judging him, he didn't care one bit. I remember while we were driving back from the lake to his place a song came on, I cant remember what it was called, he started dancing in the car like some freak. His hands were in the air and he was singing along with the lyrics. I couldn't help but laugh. Alec was laughing as well. This didn't mean I liked Jesse in that way. Yeah he was funny, had all the confidence in the world but he was also kind of a loser. I never thought in my entire life through high school that I would hang out with someone so different. He wasn't those dreamy boys you would want driving you around in his car. His friend Alec wasn't attractive either. Alec didn't have a jaw line which made his face blend into his neck. Alec was tall and skinny. His arms would hang down really low. I shouldn't be judging but this was not my kind of crowd at all.
 Once we got to Jesse's place. I felt kind of out of place. His house was in a trashy area. There was garbage everywhere and it was kind of like a trailer park home. Once we got in side I was repulsed by it. The kitchen was as small as a bathroom. Dirty dishes were pilled in the sink. Microwaved dinners were left on the counter tops. The stove looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. I looked down on the ground and there was dirt everywhere. Black ash almost filled the entire carpet. So the smoked in the house, haven't they herd of an ash tray? The walls were thin and had random holes everywhere. Where the fuck was I? Once I walked into his room I couldn't step anywhere. Clothes, dirty dishes, garbage and pop cans were all over the ground and desk. It was like an episode of the hoarders. I felt dirty and disgusted just being in side the small house. I looked at his bed and it didn't even have a sheet on it. It was a dirty mattress with a blanket and a pillow. I looked at Jesse and he looked very uncomfortable and embarrassed.
 "I'm really sorry you have to see this." Jesse said nervously as he scratched the back of his head.
 "It's okay. Nothing to be ashamed about." I lied trying to be nice. I felt bad for him. This was the first time he didn't seem so confident. I couldn't understand how someone like him be so confident when he had absolutely nothing. I then thought to myself. 'I am never coming back here again.'
 Once I got home Jesse texted me. It said. "I would really like to be your friend." I felt bad for his living conditions it made me want to call a home inspector and fix what I just saw. I wouldn't do that because I don't know anything about the family. I can't just judge him and his home if I have no idea whats going on in that house.
 I texted him back saying "Yeah I'd like that." I didn't really ever want to hang out with him again because I was repulsed by him. His personality was great. It was just his looks and his house I was disgusted by.
 Jesse started texting me a lot asking me bunch of questions about myself. I answered them all because he never asked any real personal questions which is a good thing because I wouldn't have answered. Sometimes when I didn't reply or reply fast enough. He'd get frustrated. I couldn't quite understand his personality. It was confusing but I didn't want to be rude to the poor boy. I felt so bad for him.
 One night Jesse asked me if I wanted to go to a party with him and his friends. I said yes because I wanted to meet more people. Jesse introduced me to everyone and people kind of stared at me like I didn't belong hanging out with him. I ran into a girl named Hannah. She looked at me then looked at Jesse. She seemed confused. I asked her "Is something wrong?" She then pulled me away and whispered. "Are you dating Jesse?" I then laughed. "Pfft no? Why on earth would you think that?" She then looked relieved and laughed along. "Your just way out of his league. I thought some miracle happened and a girl like you decided to date a guy like him." I looked at her as if it was rude she said that. I felt so bad I even laughed. Jesse was such a funny and nice guy. How could anyone be so fucking rude. I then pulled back hearing myself in my head. What the fuck was I thinking? Why am I getting so defensive over it. I looked at Hannah she was beautiful. Long blonde hair with really dark skin. She was kind of on the chunky side but she was still pretty.
 Jesse and I started playing a drinking game and people joined us. He was loud and humorous the guys seemed to love him and some girls were into him. They weren't pretty girls but he got attention from the okay looking girls. Everyone loved him. I was drunk and I kinda got into it. Despite his looks he was a great guy. Which started to make me think he was okay looking after all. A lot of the guys at the party were giving me attention but I didn't even seem to care for it. This guy named Tanner was tall, big built, brown hair and grey eyes. He was handsome and he was talking to me but I kept looking back at Jesse. Who was making the room laugh up about some stupid thing he was talking about. I shook my head thinking this was ridiculous. The states were making me think guys like Jesse were okay to hook up with. Out of all the guys I have hooked up with not one of them has been even as close to looking as bad as Jesse. What the fuck was going on!? I then went outside so I could let my head think clear and make the booze settle in my stomach. Jesse followed me.
 "Why are you out here?" His voice sounded sexy. I wasn't looking at him but his voice made me melt. It was the booze it had to be the booze. Tomorrow morning I would regret it if I ever kissed him.
 "Just needed some fresh air." I sat down on the footsteps to the front entrance of the house. He sat down beside me.
 "You're beautiful Dylan. I just thought I'd let you know that." He sat his elbows on his knees and put his face in his hands. He brushed his hands threw his buzzed cut hair and then smiled at me.
 I did it. I leaned in and kissed him. His hands grabbed my face and started kissing me harder. I started getting hot. I kissed him harder back and let me fingers trail down his neck. We both pulled away. I looked the other direction and he was speechless. The kiss was even hotter then I expected it to be. Why was I so attracted to him all the sudden. What was it about him that I liked so much.
 "I wasn't expecting that." He breathed.
 "Me either." I said quietly .


Part 7 will be up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment